Huron Valley Lutheran High School has a noteworthy reputation for excellence in education. International students appreciate the intimate size of our high school, the inclusive culture, and excellent teachers and curriculum. The International Program is for High School Students from outside the United States interested in a one year or multi-year program, and we are able to issue the I-20 visa. We welcome applications from international students and value the cultural diversity and individual gifts our current international students bring to the student body. International students have attended HVL from one to four years. Most choose to stay and graduate, later matriculating to institutions of higher learning in Michigan or elsewhere in the United States.
We encourage students who are bright, inquisitive, imaginative, and ambitious to apply. We currently have students from China and Senegal enrolled at HVL. For more information or for a fee schedule, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our international student coordinator, Debbie Purdue at email@example.com.
We ARE College Preparatory!
- Prepare for US university
- Our accredited school transcript accepted at all US universities
- All Advanced Placement and Honors Classes are available and we are a College Board testing site
- Our ACT scores are consistently above state and national averages
- All students offered free ACT/SAT online preparatory program called Method Test Prep
- ESL1 and ESL2 offered
- Tutoring during school and after school is a part of the program
- Recruiters from Michigan Colleges annual visit students on our campus (MSU, U of MI, Wayne State, Central Mich. Univ., Western, Lawrence Tech, etc.)
- Advisors and Guidance officer assist students with college choice by sending transcript and personal counseling time.
- 97% of our seniors attend US universities and that includes international students!
VISIT this link to see a video and other reasons why HVL is a great choice for international students!
- SAFE environment
- Christian Morals
- Improve English language fluency
- Prepare for US universities
- Challenge yourself
- Lifelong friends with native English speakers
- Participation in clubs and sports
- Cultural immersion
- One-year and multiple-year programs available
- Full immersion: International Students whose English level is sufficient attend classes alongside all the other students
- We provide the I-20 visa
- Tuition is affordable
International Student Fees are available through the TADS website link below or by contacting the school directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarships are available to international students.
HVL uses an online Registration Process through TADS. To complete an application, simply click on the TADS link below and follow the instructions. If you need help, please call the HVL office at 734.525.0160 or TADS at 1.800.477.8237.
The following forms and documents must be submitted in order for HVL to provide an I- 20 form:
- English Proficiency Test Score Report (Required of all students who were born and reside in non-English speaking countries). See below for approved tests and required scores.
- Official copies of all school course records (with course names and grades) with an official English translation.
- Completed copy of Foreign Exchange Student Immunization Record or equivalent (in English) signed by the applicant’s physician.
- Completed copy of Foreign Exchange Student Health Insurance Verification Form or similar proof indicating that the applicant will have full health insurance coverage while in the United States.
English Proficiency Requirement:
English proficiency is demonstrated by earning at least a minimum score on one of the following examinations or by providing results from a similar language proficiency exam:
|English Language Test for International Students (ELTiS)||212|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||iBT, age 16+ 48
pBT, age 16+ 450
|Test of English as a Foreign Language Junior (TOEFL Jr.) Standard Version (ages 11-15)||730|
|Secondary Level English Proficiency (SLEP) Test||45|
|Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency (MTELP)||70|
|General Test of English Language Proficiency (GTELP) Level 3||70%
(on each skill area)
It is the applicant’s responsibility to arrange for an English proficiency test. HVL does not administer these tests and cannot assist the applicant in scheduling them. Please be aware that there may be fees associated with taking these tests, and it can take several weeks for the test results to be available. Applications will not be accepted without the test results.